Saturday, May 21, 2011

Washington, D.C. - Local Recommendations

I love having insider information. With it, you don't have to worry about whether or not restaurants will be good or the entertainment will be age appropriate.

I mentioned before that my sister-in-law and brother-in-law lived in Washington D.C. for a summer. I also have a friend that currently lives in D.C. All of them gave me the exact same recommendations for restaurants, so here they are:
Cosi
au bon pain
Potbelly Sandwich Shop
There will be something for everyone one at these restaurants considering that the recommendations came from those with and those without kids. I like the idea that I won't have to compromise on taste in order to keep my kids happy.

My D.C. friend also recommended the best museums to visit with kids.
National Museum of Natural History
National Air and Space Museum
National Building Museum
The National Building Museum is not located on the National Mall, but close to it and I understand it is worth the slight detour. D.C. friend also recommended going to the Eastern Market to get a real for the city and buy "cool food." The market is also located off the mall to the east of the capital building and it has a Metro Station of it's very own.

No comments:

Post a Comment